r6057 - in trunk/BOOK: . introduction/welcome xsoft/office

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sat May 13 10:08:43 PDT 2006

On 5/13/06, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/13/06, Andrew Benton <b3nt at ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
> > dnicholson at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
> >
> > The default is for the gimp to use its own internal help browser if you
> > install libgtkhtml first. It only uses an external browser to view
> > internet links. You can change the browser it calls through the
> > preferences dialog. File> Preferences> Help System> Web Browser
>
> I'm pretty sure starting with this release that is not the case
> anymore.

Sorry, Andy.  What I wrote is correct.  I installed libgtkhtml and
built the helpbrowser plugin.  I removed my old gimp profile and
started fresh.  When I go to help, it opens a page in firefox.  I went
into Preferences and set the Help browser to "GIMP help browser".  The
default setting is on "Web browser", as is shown in gimpguiconfig.c.

I'm going to leave the text as is unless there's something else I
don't know about.

--
Dan