r5768 - trunk/BOOK/x/installing

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 10:50:29 PST 2006

On 3/28/06, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> andy at linuxfromscratch.org wrote these words on 03/28/06 11:55 CST:
>
> > Log:
> > For some reason this link to the wiki doesn't validate. I couldn't see why so I commented it out
> >
> > +<!-- this doesn't validate
> >      <bridgehead renderas="sect3" condition="html" role="usernotes">User Notes:
> >      <ulink url='&blfs-wiki;/XWindowSystemComponents'/></bridgehead>
> > +-->
>
> Instead of a 'bridgehead', it should just be a plain paragraph. At
> least comparing it to the OpenSSL example, this is a difference.

Two things:

1.  My fault.  Originally, it was at the top of the page above the DRI
instructions:

http://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/~dnicholson/blfs/x/xfree86-setup.html

That validated and rendered.  Then at the last second I decided it
didn't look good and moved it without re-validating.  It didn't seem
significantly different than my placement of the Wiki links from
anything else.  Sorry about that.

2.  I thought the bridgehead was correct.  This was one of the
iterations Bruce had tried for the Wiki links, IIRC.  It looks like
he's doing it differently now:

http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/changeset/5756

Looks like I'll have to change the ones I've put in because they all
take the <bridgehead> format.

--
Dan