[BLFS Trac] #1791: OpenSSH-4.3p2

Justin R. Knierim lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Mon Mar 13 19:39:47 PST 2006

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Though everyone subscribed must deal with [[[[[crap]]]]]?

In my opinion, comparing html email to this wiki markup isn't a fair
comparison.  The wiki markup is default OFF.  I recently posted some
kernel output and text with newlines to the livecd list and the email
was perfectly fine:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/livecd/2006-March/003183.html

(Mailman even messes with the output, changing emails and URLs to html
anchor links)

It is up to the author of the comment to add the formatting, and in my
opinion, even in plain text the code snippet tags {{{ }}} are helpful.
It helps to break up define the code block instead of (what I normally
would use) a bunch of dashes or <begin code> type comments.

HTML email is a whole other story.  Especially from Microsoft products,
it is often indecipherable.

Just my opinion.  If it is such a big deal, we can put a note in the FAQ
about reporting bugs, asking people to please not use [[br]] tags.

Justin