[BLFS Trac] #1791: OpenSSH-4.3p2

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Mar 13 19:06:20 PST 2006

Bruce Dubbs wrote these words on 03/13/06 20:55 CST:

> In email, the clients respect the newline, but in html, they don't.  The
> tickets are more browser oriented than email.  That's the design of the
> system.
>
> If we can agree to use blank lines for most separation, then the [[br]]
> and other html tags can generally be avoided.

I know you try hard to appease everyone in your messages, at the
expense of confusion and disorientation to your meaning. You don't
send a clear enough message because you're too worried about
offending someone that may not agree with you.

What I'm saying is that you are not blunt enough most times when
there is a critical subject involved. You tend to sit on the fence
and provide really nothing towards the discussion other than
acknowledging that it is taking place.

Sort of like the mediator in a debate. She only cares about keeping
the debate alive, but contributes nothing.

I don't get what you're trying to say here, Bruce. Is it that it
is okay to send [[[[crap]]]] along with the tickets, because you
feel it is a visual thing, and the folks that receive the emails
of it must just deal with it?

Though everyone subscribed must deal with [[[[[crap]]]]]?

Just what exactly is your message?

You know. Come on, get to the point.

Hey, Randy, it's okay to put [[[[crap]]]] in the tickets, though
we don't condone it in our email lists.

Or, yeah it probably isn't right to put [[[[crap]]]] in our
stuff as it doesn't do a darn thing to help the get the message
across.

20:56:01 up 28 days, 5:05, 3 users, load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.08