[BLFS Trac] #1791: OpenSSH-4.3p2

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Mon Mar 13 18:55:20 PST 2006

Randy McMurchy wrote:

> To me, putting all this "prettiness" in the tickets is no different
> than sending HTML emails.
>
> We are here for the message, not the visual presentation.

In written communication, sometimes the format helps in presenting the
message.

Now I agree that html email posts on the list is very distracting,
however, *some* formatting is not unreasonable.

In email, the clients respect the newline, but in html, they don't.  The
tickets are more browser oriented than email.  That's the design of the
system.

If we can agree to use blank lines for most separation, then the [[br]]
and other html tags can generally be avoided.