r5718 - in trunk/BOOK: . introduction/welcome x/installing

Andrew Benton b3nt at ukonline.co.uk
Mon Mar 13 04:29:11 PST 2006

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Andy,
>   See http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/ticket/1834 for rationale.
> We don't want to install bitmap fonts in the fontconfig hierarchy.

Then wouldn't it make more sense to put the bitmap fonts somewhere else?
We need to install some fonts where fontconfig can find them or we're
going to be back where we were with a constant stream of people posting
errors because they need to configure their fonts.
Surely it makes more sense to have a basic configuration that works and
then if some people want to tweak their setup to optimise the
antialiasing or whatever, that info should be in another page or the wiki.

Andy