r5686 - in trunk/BOOK: introduction/welcome postlfs/config

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Feb 27 09:28:52 PST 2006

Dan Nicholson wrote these words on 02/27/06 11:16 CST:

> So, I'd add that below the last entry for the current date?

I suppose it doesn't matter. The ChangeLog is in chronological order
of the changes going from bottom to top, so I always add an entry to
the top, above anything else.

> I was hoping someone would comment here.  I don't know the policy for
> the formatting.  tinker-term.sh should be a <command>?  Here xterm
> doesn't describe the command, but the terminfo (termcap?) file.  Still
> in <command>?  I'll add the Ncurses tags soon.

I'm not sure it is actually written anywhere, I just go on what
Igor taught me a long time ago.

First, you're right about tinker-term.sh. It is probably best as
<filename> because it is not a program designed to be run from the
command line.

Anyway, here is what Igor showed me:

<command> used for programs that can be run from the command line

<filename> used for common files

<filename class='libraryfile'></filename> used for library files
(there are many other 'class' types [extension, etc.] and the
easiest way to find them all out is to look at a docbook manual.

<envar>PATH</envar> self-explanatory

There are many, many more such as <keycap>Enter</keycap> for designating
keys on the keyboard. I've really never looked at a docbook guide
to try and see what all is available, I've just followed the examples
I've discovered in the book.

11:17:00 up 13 days, 19:26, 3 users, load average: 1.00, 1.03, 0.75