r5686 - in trunk/BOOK: introduction/welcome postlfs/config

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 09:16:12 PST 2006

On 2/27/06, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> Just some notes on procedure, Dan. When making a new entry in the
> ChangeLog in a day that already exists, you only have to add another
> listitem. There should only be one mention of each day, with many
> entries for that particular day.

So, I'd add that below the last entry for the current date?

> You'll only need to set property values for new files. It is a 1-time
> thing.

Yeah, that was stupid.  I confused myself.

> > +      support color.  Starting with Ncurses-5.5, the xterm terminal type
> > +      contains color capabilities by default.  If you have this
> > +      version or greater, the <filename>tinker-term.sh</filename> script is
> > +      unnecessary and should not be installed.</para>
>
> Typically, files that are programs (xterm, tinker-term.sh, etc.)
> should be wrapped in <command>xterm</command> tags. Additionally,
> though it has no bearing on rendering in the book, official
> package names, such as Ncurses, are typically wrapped in
> <application>Ncurses</application> tags

I was hoping someone would comment here.  I don't know the policy for
the formatting.  tinker-term.sh should be a <command>?  Here xterm
doesn't describe the command, but the terminfo (termcap?) file.  Still
in <command>?  I'll add the Ncurses tags soon.

Thanks, Randy.

--
Dan