[BLFS Trac] #1816: xterm instructions

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Sun Feb 26 20:49:48 PST 2006

BLFS Trac wrote:
> #1816: xterm instructions
(I could not append to the ticket)

>  4) Should we run the 'make install-ti' command to install the updated
>  terminfo stuff. The INSTALL file mentions that it probably should be
>  done.

I cannot comment if (4) is good. My concern was that the luit-compatible
terminfo settings for line drawing characters are in ncurses, but not in
xterm.

Result:

terminfo settings in both xterm and ncurses are compatible with OLD
xterm and luit from X11R6.8.2, so I don't see immediate problems with
"make install-ti"

But something is very broken in the new luit. E.g.,

  * the pty race is fixed in 6.9.0 but not 7.0.0
  * the standard smacs and rmacs sequences are not recognized in luit
mode. Testcase: in "xterm -lc", echo -e '\x1b(0qqq\x1b(B'. "qqq" is the
wrong result. A horizontal line is the correct result.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov