[BLFS Trac] #1815: BLFS - ethereal

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Sat Feb 25 13:57:21 PST 2006

BLFS Trac wrote:
> #1815: BLFS - ethereal
> ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
>  Reporter:  jos.de.mooij at chello.nl  |        Owner:  justin at linuxfromscratch.org
>      Type:  defect                  |       Status:  new
> Comment (by jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org):
>
>  Being that I'm not subscribed to blfs-book, it wasn't clear to me at first
>  what you wanted me to do. But I gather the problem is that Justin doesn't
>  have permissions to close a ticket?
>
>  This is something that requires a policy decision, so Bruce, your help
>  would be a appreciated. Justin wasn't ever given any explicit permissions
>  to the BLFS Trac environment. I only added BLFS editors and those Bruce
>  asked me to add. However, any '''authenticated''' user may open or append
>  a ticket, thus Justin is able to comment with his account.
>
>  We basically have two options here:
>
>    1. Increase the abilities of all authenticated users by switching
>  "TICKET_APPEND" to "TICKET_MODIFY" which allows any authenticated user to
>  close tickets as well.
>    2. Explicitly add new users on a per need basis with the proper
>  permissions
>
>  Either can be handled by those with the "TRAC_ADMIN" permission via the
>  "Admin" menu item available after you've logged in.

OK, I want to limit the capability to close tickets to folks who have an
"official" position in the project.  I have no problem with adding Justin.

It would also be nice, but not essential, to allow the person opening a
ticket to close it.  I'd like to see logic something like:

  if authenticated user == ticket reporter or user has admin privs,
allow changing resolution to fixed.

Is this possible?  Don't spend a lot of time researching it.