r5088 - in trunk/BOOK: . general/sysutils introduction/welcome

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Mon Sep 19 16:04:59 PDT 2005

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> TheOldFellow wrote these words on 09/19/05 15:49 CST:
>

>>Will do.   (but I'm going to wait another 10 minutes - just in case
>>there's another thing I missed :-)
>

> Well, I think there something to say about coding style. The sed in
> the CPIO instructions indents the declaration a whole bunch, just to
> make the book look pretty. Should we do this?
>
> Wouldn't a simpler sed using backreferences where it all would easily
> fit on one line be much better?

Yes, I had that in mind when I wrote up the bug, but Richard beat me to
the assignment of the bug.

Something like:

  sed -i -e 's/static \(const char \*argp_program\)/\1/' \
       tests/genfile.c

which covers both changes.

We could probably get away with:

  sed -i -e 's/static \(const\)/\1/' tests/genfile.c

Which get the whole thing on one line.