r5088 - in trunk/BOOK: . general/sysutils introduction/welcome

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Sep 19 13:29:41 PDT 2005

El Lunes, 19 de Septiembre de 2005 20:40, Randy McMurchy escribió:

> It is my understanding that we shouldn't indent the <screen> tag. I'm
> not sure but I believe it has to do with the script that automatically
> generates the build commands. Manuel can correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> However, I'm almost certain that we're not supposed to. I do know that
> when Manuel went through the book doing all the tag corrections, there
> wasn't one place in the book where the <screen> tag was indented.

The issue is that <screen> is a verbatim environment. That meant that what you
type into <screen> ... </screen> tags in the XML is what you have in the
XHTML and PDF output, included any space, tab or line breaks (except the
space used by other inline tags).

It's a look issue in the output, not a proccesing or validation issue.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia