r5002 - in trunk/BOOK: . introduction/welcome postlfs/security

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Sep 1 18:07:07 PDT 2005

Randy McMurchy wrote:

> Perhaps you're thinking about the Linux-PAM patch for compiling
> with GCC-4?

Yep..exactly.  I suffered a major brain fart while working on the JDK.
Too much playing with gcc4, I had forgotten our current target.

Coincidently, JDK works, but I did it the 'wrong' way.  I had to remove
-Werror from the flags for nio and awt to avoid what seemed would be a
huge patch.  Going through the log, it doesn't look too bad.  I'm going
back to fix them correctly now that I know there is not as much as I had
previously thought.  I'll post the two part patch on belgarath later on
tonight.

Anyway, sorry for the mistake.

-- DJ Lucas