user/root separation

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Thu Jun 16 17:18:54 PDT 2005

David Jensen wrote:

>> 3). Koffice:
>

> I don't have KDE installed and I see Bruce has assigned himself
> KDE-3.4.1,  I think that is what I will install, and hope he is ready
> for release.  Or I could steal his thunder, I have to build the base
> anyway.
> I know he's planning a *much deserved?* vacation.
>
> Bruce?

Koffice wasn't updated when kde-3.4.1 was released.  Their web site asys
koffice 1-4-rc1 was released on June 2nd.

David, ff you wnat to go ahead and just add the root user split into
koffice, I think that will do until 1.4 is released.

I don't think I can get kde-3.4.1 done by tomorrow night.  If anyone
want to redo all of kde, go ahead, but I was planning on finishing it in
July.

Overall, there are a lot of package upgrades that still need to be made,
so I'd prefer editors work on those.