r4602 - in trunk/BOOK: . introduction/welcome server/major

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 15 08:05:36 PDT 2005

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Jeremy Huntwork wrote these words on 06/15/05 09:43 CST:
>

>>Still, if it's felt that the text is misleading, that could probably be
>>done with a for loop and a sed. (As long as the files are consistent.)
>

> Hey, I'm all for improvement, if something needs it. But, please
> sensibly make an argument how it is confusing that we say "install
> the package using the following commands"

Archaic already made a sensible argument. Look at the rendered Postfix
in BLFS, it reads funny because it doesn't look like the "Install
Postfix by running the following commands:" applies through to the rest
of the section. It looks and reads like it only applies to the make
command which, if it were meant or understood that way would be wrong.

I do understand your argument, and it does make sense. For many packages
the current setup reads fine. But perhaps a nice solution that would
work for all packages would be to designate that "Install" line as some
sort of header or section break.

--
JH