r4602 - in trunk/BOOK: . introduction/welcome server/major

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 15 06:59:42 PDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 01:27:05AM -0500, Randy McMurchy wrote:

> I believe it has been standardized, and is how every other package
> is done, and how the template file recommends, to simply say:
>
> "Now, as the root user:"

I got it from courier:

user and install <application>Courier</application> with the following
commands:</para>

However, if you want it changed I can certainly accommodate.

One more question. As I was looking around at other packages wondering
how I happened to use the one package that doesn't follow this standard,
I started wondering about the standard itself. Basically, I kept seeing
something similar to this:

Install Postfix by running the following commands:

make

Now, as the root user:

The first line is actually wrong in every case. non-root doesn't install
anything. They compile.

I'll await response before doing anything.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs