fontconfig duplication during X compilation.

David Jensen djensen at inebraska.com
Fri Jun 10 17:41:56 PDT 2005

rhubarbpie at poetworld.net wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I believe I understand the following note in the fontconfig.html
> section of the documentation.
>
> Note
>
> X also includes an internal (and older) version of Fontconfig and
> unless it is explicitly disabled when building XFree86, the internal
> version is created leaving two slightly incompatible libraries on your
> system. It is recommended that you only install one version.
>
> If I understand this correctly, this means I must change the following
> section of the host.def file:
>
> #define HasFontconfig           YES
>
> I believe the section must be changed to:
>
> #define HasFontconfig           NO
>
> I missed this when I initially compiled X which caused Thunderbird to
> not run.  I suggest that "#define HasFontconfig           NO" be added
> to the note as an example of what must be done.

This really should be on blfs-dev, this is mostly auto generated status
reports.

Note: HasFontconfig YES, means we already have it

/* These settings ensure we use our libraries ************************/
#define HasFreetype2             YES
#define HasFontconfig            YES

So if you did not install the separate version, change to NO.

if you have any suggestions, move to blfs-dev.
--
David Jensen