LFS distro howto

Steven C. exvor at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 2 09:26:17 PDT 2005

--- Archaic <archaic at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 08:46:39PM -0700, Steven C.
> wrote:
> >
> > anything Im simply trying to fill a void where
> alot of
> > LFS's have asked how to I make this into a distro
> that
> > I can move to new hardware without haveing to
> > recompile the whole thing over again.
>
> Compiling on one machine and having the ability to
> move it to another
> machine is already documented in the hints. You
> might want to check
> there before reinventing the wheel.
>
> --
> Archaic
>
> Want control, education, and security from your
> operating system?
> Hardened Linux From Scratch
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs
>
> --

Really wow I must look there to find this information.
As for an update into what im doing my fist move
dident go so well having issues with udev all the
documentation is compleated tho.

Ohh and as far as package management goes Yes there is
a mention in the BLFS book on this issue
chapter 2 Important information
Package Management

It basicly says that it takes the scope of learning
away from BLFS but is a good way to keep updated it
directs you to the hints section.