r4862 - in trunk/BOOK: . introduction/welcome multimedia/libdriv server/mail

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jul 31 14:56:50 PDT 2005

On Sun, Jul 31, 2005 at 03:05:04PM -0600, dj at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:

>  <screen><userinput>make makefiles \
> -CCARGS="-DHAS_SSL -DUSE_SASL_AUTH \
> +CCARGS="-DUSE_SSL -DUSE_SASL_AUTH \
<..>
> -<screen><literal>CCARGS="-DHAS_SSL -I/usr/include/openssl" \
> +<screen><literal>CCARGS="-DUSE_SSL -I/usr/include/openssl" \

-DUSE_TLS is preferred as it only brings in the code that is truly
necessary. To verify, run postconf -d |grep tls or ldd /usr/sbin/master.
(Also, see TLS_CHANGES.)

If you pass this (watch the quoting):

-DDEF_DAEMON_DIR=\"/usr/lib/postfix\" -DDEF_MANPAGE_DIR=\"/usr/share/man\"

You can reduce the install command to:

sh postfix-install -non-interactive

There are two things to note about this:

1) There is no declaration of a sample directory. Reason, it hasn't been
used since 2.1 (per post-install script) and nothing is installed there.
For some reason it is still declared, but the default is /etc/postfix
which is fine again because nothing should be installed there. If we use
/usr/share/doc/postfix then an empty directory will be created.

2) /usr/lib/postfix vs. /usr/sbin  The language is quite clear in the
post-install script: "This directory should not be in the command search
path of any users."

Hope this helps!

--
Archaic