r4854 - in trunk/BOOK: . introduction/welcome xsoft/graphweb

Randy McMurchy LFS-User at mcmurchy.com
Sun Jul 31 07:37:47 PDT 2005

TheOldFellow wrote these words on 07/31/05 09:26 CST:

> OK, I've found out what the problem is.  mozilla's configure doesn't
> like whitespace between options in --enable-extensions.
>
> These whitespace chars get put in by a cut and paste from the book.

Nice discovery! :-)

Now it makes me wonder if anyone is actually using the BLFS book
method of building Firefox. I know there has been much talk of
the profile issue, and resolutions for it. I will be examining
this after the 6.1 release to see if we shouldn't use the Moz
installer to install the binaries, instead of the current
'make install'.

Seems weird that nobody has reported this whitespace thing. That
is why I wonder if anyone actually uses the book method.

> I'll change the firefox instructions back, but alter the formatting of
> the instructions so that they can be cut and pasted.

If this is what we have to do to make it work, then so be it. :-)
The instructions will look funny in the book, but that is better
than a broken build. Cut-and-paste ability is without question
mandatory.

09:32:00 up 120 days, 9:05, 2 users, load average: 0.09, 0.18, 0.34