r5399 - trunk/BOOK/x/wm

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Dec 10 07:49:08 PST 2005

andy at linuxfromscratch.org wrote these words on 12/10/05 09:32 CST:

> +      <para>The themes installed in /usr/share/fluxbox/styles have not been fixed to
> +      call <command>fbsetroot</command>, they still call it by it's old name, bsetroot.
> +      If you want to change the desktop color with the theme then fix the styles (as

The /usr/share/fluxbox/styles should be encapsulated in
<filename class='directory'></filename> tags.

Also, "it's" is improperly used, it should be "its".

Additionally, (I noticed this in other commits as well), scripts and
other programs should be encapsulated in <command></command> tags.

Also, (I fixed two of these in a previous commit), almost *always*
when you begin a sentence with "If", you'll need a comma in the
sentence to separate the two clauses. In this case probably before
the "then".

Lastly, it is customary to end the sentence with some punctuation,
in the case used above BLFS normally uses a colon.

> +
> +<screen><userinput>sed -i 's@ bsetroot@ fbsetroot@' \
> +      $(grep -lr bsetroot /usr/share/fluxbox/data/styles)</userinput></screen>
> +
> +      <para>However, if you set the desktop color with the themes it creates a problem
> +      for setting a background image.

Again, the "if" at the beginning (even though after "However") means
that you'll probably need a comma to separate clauses. In this case,
after "themes".

> Fluxbox loads the themes after the commands in
> +      <filename>~/.fluxbox/startup</filename> have been run, which wipes out the pretty
> +      picture it's just set as your desktop...DOH!

Again, "it's" is improperly used. And I'm not sure that "...DOH!" is
something we should be putting in a technical book. In fact, I know
it shouldn't be there.

 The solution is to comment out
> +      the <command>fbsetroot</command> command in the themes like this (again, as

Again, a colon is probably the preferred punctuation at the end of
the sentence as it is specifically setting to do the following
thing ("like this").

09:36:00 up 76 days, 19:00, 3 users, load average: 0.00, 0.14, 0.45