r5392 - in trunk/BOOK: . introduction/welcome x/wm

Andrew Benton b3nt at ukonline.co.uk
Sat Dec 10 04:50:56 PST 2005

Chris Staub wrote:
> I've noticed that without that
> link, attempting to change themes results in error messages about not
> finding "bsetroot", and the background image not being changed.

Thanks for the info. I've greped through the source and found that the themes in fluxbox-0.9.14/data/styles still use the command bsetroot. The fix is a sed and grep combination

sed -i 's at bsetroot@f&@' $(grep -lr " bsetroot" data/styles)

I hadn't seen the problem because I had set a background with fbsetbg or (to investigate fbsetroot) I called it by name, which worked.
Andy