r4971 - trunk/BOOK/general/sysutils

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Sun Aug 21 11:13:02 PDT 2005

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> bdubbs at linuxfromscratch.org wrote these words on 08/21/05 12:46 CST:
>
>>Author: bdubbs
>>Date: 2005-08-21 11:46:03 -0600 (Sun, 21 Aug 2005)
>>New Revision: 4971
>>
>>Modified:
>>   trunk/BOOK/general/sysutils/unzip.xml
>>Log:
>>Fix typo in unzip
>>
>>Modified: trunk/BOOK/general/sysutils/unzip.xml
>

> Should this not be entered into the ChangeLog as well?
>
> It is more than a typo, it is a change in the commands. I know it
> would be helpful for folks that peruse the ChangeLog to update
> their scripts (if necessary).
>
> Just a thought. :-)

If someone has it in their script, they already know it fails...

The command was in a <para> construct, not the normal <screen>
constructs we use for commands.

However, your point is well taken.  If there are changes to the (normal)
instructions, there probably should be something in the change log.
Comments, rewording, reformatting, etc normally don't require a
changelog entry, but it is up to the editor if the change is felt to be
significant.