r4862 - in trunk/BOOK: . introduction/welcome multimedia/libdriv server/mail

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Aug 1 19:22:19 PDT 2005

On Sun, Jul 31, 2005 at 11:25:49PM -0500, DJ Lucas wrote:

> See the 'future' statement, while both do appear to work, TLS_README
> confirms -DUSE_TLS is the prefered method.

Both do work, but if you inspect the binaries you will see SSL pulls in
much more crud. The mailing list confirms and the recently released Book
On Postfix also confirms that TLS is the preferred and so far I have
seen no sign of going back to SSL.

> Looking at the Makefile, we could also do 'make upgrade' but that might
> confuse more than just running the script directly.  :-)

It might be wise to mention that, though, because that is definitely the
way to go if you are indeed upgrading.

> It certainly does.  Thank you.

You're welcome. Now to start writing the
amavisd-new/clamAV/spamassassin/razor2/dcc hint. ;)

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs