[fmII] hdparm 5.7 released (Default branch)

noreply at freshmeat.net noreply at freshmeat.net
Thu Sep 2 00:19:00 PDT 2004

This email is to inform you about the release of version '5.7' of 'hdparm'
through freshmeat.net. All URLs and other useful information can be found
at

    http://freshmeat.net/projects/hdparm/

The changes in this release are as follows:
The output of NULs in -I string fields was fixed along  with
big-endian -I crashes. The remains of defunct  major-number checks
were removed, and support for  the BLKGETSIZE64 IOCTL was added. A
--direct flag  that uses O_DIRECT on device open was  implemented.
-Istdin and -Istdout were renamed to  --Istdin and --Istdout
respectively. Other flags can  now follow -I, --Istdin, and
--Istdout.

Release focus:
6 - Minor bugfixes

Project added:
Sun, Nov 22nd 1998 13:23 (5 years, 9 months ago)

Project description:
hdparm is a Linux shell utility for viewing and manipulating various
IDE drive and driver parameters. Most drives can benefit from
improved performance using a command similar to "hdparm -qm8 -qu1
-qc1 -qd1 /dev/hda".

Trove categories:
[Development Status  ] 6 - Mature
[Environment         ] Console (Text Based)
[Intended Audience   ] System Administrators
[License             ] Freely Distributable, OSI Approved :: BSD License
(original)
[Operating System    ] POSIX :: Linux
[Programming Language] C
[Topic               ] System :: Hardware, Utilities

If you would like to cancel subscription to releases of this project,
login to freshmeat.net and choose 'home' from the personal menubar at the
top of the page. You'll be presented with a list of projects and
categories you're subscribed to in the right column, which you may cancel
by highlighting the project or category in question and clicking the
'delete' button.

Sincerely,
freshmeat.net