Release of 5.1

Larry Lawrence larry at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 25 06:21:49 PDT 2004

Some delays have set in on my part, but here is the plan.  After Bruce
commits the new profile chapter, I will release BLFS-5.1pre1.  We take a few
days to clean up loose ends and get that release out.

For those that want to go to the next LFS Base, I recommend b6_0 with gcc at
the previous stable release. (These may be identical to the HEAD versions,
but I have not checked).  I don't see how your choice of populating the /dev
directory will have any impact on BLFS testing.

Please, no commits unrelated to 5.1 release.

Larry