Bug with PHP 4.x in BLFS-5.0 install process?

Tushar Teredesai linux_from_scratch at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 30 08:08:32 PST 2004

JazerNorth wrote:

> Tushar Teredesai wrote:
>
>> JazerNorth wrote:
>>
>>> OK, I went back and redid the install process for mysql.  And yes, I
>>> guess I did put it in /usr/local/mysql.  Still, the error occured,
>>> only I needed to have the switch as '--with-mysql=/usr/mysql'.  This
>>> time I know the book is incorrect, unless someone can really point
>>> out what I did wrong.  The error says that it cannot find the mysql
>>> headers in /usr, but once I change it to the above, it works fine.
>>
>> This is not the proper list for support. See
>> <http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/#which-list>.
>
> Thank you.  I don't need support.  I was only pointing out a problem
> with the book that I am unsure if it is completely a bug with the book
> or just me.  I have MySQL and PHP working fine.  I just put it here to
> let others know the issue I had with that part of the book.
> Hopefully, if someone else runs into the same issue, in the book, that
> they will be able to fix it.

Either way this is not the correct list:

    * For a bug with the book or any other development
      question/suggestion: blfs-dev
    * For support: blfs-support

IMO, this is a support question because you have installed mysql with
--prefix=/usr/mysql (or --prefix=/usr/local/mysql before that) instead
of the book's --prefix=/usr. It is assumed that if you deviate from the
book, you know the subsequent changes that need to be made. If you do
not, then you ask on the support list.

--
Tushar Teredesai
  mailto:tushar at linuxfromscratch.org