Bug with PHP 4.x in BLFS-5.0 install process?

JazerNorth google at jaynorth.net
Tue Mar 30 04:14:09 PST 2004

Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> JazerNorth wrote:
>
>> OK, I went back and redid the install process for mysql.  And yes, I
>> guess I did put it in /usr/local/mysql.  Still, the error occured,
>> only I needed to have the switch as '--with-mysql=/usr/mysql'.  This
>> time I know the book is incorrect, unless someone can really point out
>> what I did wrong.  The error says that it cannot find the mysql
>> headers in /usr, but once I change it to the above, it works fine.
>

> This is not the proper list for support. See
> <http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/#which-list>.

Thank you.  I don't need support.  I was only pointing out a problem
with the book that I am unsure if it is completely a bug with the book
or just me.  I have MySQL and PHP working fine.  I just put it here to
let others know the issue I had with that part of the book.  Hopefully,
if someone else runs into the same issue, in the book, that they will be
able to fix it.

JN