Bug with PHP 4.x in BLFS-5.0 install process?

JazerNorth google at jaynorth.net
Mon Mar 29 20:51:51 PST 2004

Jürg Billeter wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 19:14, JazerNorth wrote:
>
>>The changed part was the '--with-mysql=/usr' to
>>'--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql'.
>>
>>I did follow directions from the BLFS-5.0 book for both installations.
>

> The BLFS-5.0 book installs MySQL in /usr, not /usr/local/mysql. Probably
> you've mistyped or forgotten an argument of the configure-script during
> the MySQL build.
>
> Jürg

OK, I went back and redid the install process for mysql.  And yes, I
guess I did put it in /usr/local/mysql.  Still, the error occured, only
I needed to have the switch as '--with-mysql=/usr/mysql'.  This time I
know the book is incorrect, unless someone can really point out what I
did wrong.  The error says that it cannot find the mysql headers in
/usr, but once I change it to the above, it works fine.

Just a heads up.

JN