BLFS-5.0: Nautilus-2.2.4 installation error.

randhir phagura rsphagura at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 2 22:16:05 PST 2004

Hi,

Regarding the above subject and the reply reproduced below:

>You shouldn't use eel 2.5.8 (current beta) together with nautilus 2.2.4
>(second last release serie). Just install eel 2.2.4, also available for
>download from the gnome ftp servers. In BLFS 5.0 there is a missing link
>to eel on the nautilus page but eel itself is in the book:
>http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/5.0/gnome/eel.html
>The missing dependency link has been added in the current development
>version of BLFS.

Thanks for your information. I installed eel-2.2.4 and Nautilus installation
succeeded. I like to suggest further, that Nautilus also requires
'librsvg-2.2.5'. This also does not figure in the primary, secondary or
tertiary dependency lists. I had to install this package as well.

Thanks & Regards,

RSP