cvs commit: BLFS/BOOK/x/installing/xfree86 xfree86-exp.xml xfree86-inst.xml xfree86-intro.xml

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Feb 20 16:39:22 PST 2004

Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> Tushar Teredesai wrote:
>
>> bdubbs at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
>>
>>> bdubbs      04/02/19 23:09:07
>>>
>>>  Modified:    BOOK/x/installing/xfree86 xfree86-exp.xml
>>> xfree86-inst.xml
>>>                        xfree86-intro.xml
>>>  Log:
>>>  Changing back what should'nt have been changed
>>
>> I moved it to the Introduction section so that it is applicable to
>> all pkgs. There is no point in adding check md5sum and create a
>> compile log in individual packages.
>
> I saw that you added an md5 section to the introduction.  However, I
> want to keep the md5sum in the XFree section 1) to emphasize the
> point, and 2) to give a specific example.
>
> I also think the compile log is useful for XFree86 and want to leave
> it in.  Also it now gives an educational example of how to use the
> PIPESTATUS builtin variable.

I had removed it coz it makes no sense (IMO) to introduce md5sum and log
concepts at such a late stage of the LFS+BLFS build. Also these are
(IMO) basic concept analogous to unpacking and patching packages. (IMO)
They probably should not even be in BLFS but in LFS to be read before
starting with the first LFS package.

Anyways it does not make much of a difference.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://linuxfromscratch.org/~tushar/