fontconfig.h and XFree86...what is the solution?

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Mon Apr 26 21:46:39 PDT 2004

zoltan wrote:

> Oh great...now xcursorgen can't be found...
>
> So XFree86.4.3.0.1 appears to compile just fine, at least gets through
> to the end.
>
> But like with the fontconfig.h problem, "make install" fails on
> XFree86-4.3.0.1, this time, alleging that xcursorgen can't be found,
> though it was built rather successfully...
>
> I am following BLFS-5.0 on the heels of LFS-5.0...haven't had any
> troubles before...using ezpat, freetype, and XFee86-native fontconfig...

A couple of thing first.
1.  Please don't top post on the lfs mailing lists.
2.  You probably can get better support on blfs-support.  This list is
for the development of the book.

Many people have built X successfully.  Errors are usually traced to
missing a step somewhere in LFS or in one of the prereq packages.

Look through the compile log for *** strings to make sure you don't have
errors.

Delete the xc directory and re-extract
Try building XFree86 with no host.def file.  It will use all the defaults.