fontconfig.h and XFree86...what is the solution?

zoltan fmzoltan at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 26 21:05:51 PDT 2004

Alright, look, I've vented...now for some clearer thoughts...

The problem that I'm seeing has a long history on LFS...search for
"fontconfig.h" in the search window on the main LFS site.  You will see
the first find describe exactly the situation I've run into, error log
and all (all 2048 or so pages of it).  And perhaps what vexed me is that
despite half-a-dozen or so posts replying to Sebastiano and D J Lucas's
posts, there is no actual solution, but nobody says so.

I am currently recompiling XFree86 without the HasFontconfig YES option,
and I think that will work.  But, my question is:  how do you get
XFreee86-4.3.0.1 to build with it?

Since I am by far not the first person to see this, and this has been
addressed, anybody know the results...?

Thanks for being so patient...

--john