Bug for Man Page issues page?

James Robertson jameswrobertson at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 2 20:21:42 PST 2003

Mark Hymers wrote:
> On Wed, 01, Jan, 2003 at 09:13:32PM -0600, James Robertson spoke thus..
>> I was looking in Bugzilla for another task/bug to tackle.  I noticed
>> that there is a page titled "Man Page issues".  What is wanted on this
>> page?
>
> I'll probably deal with this one as I maintain the man page hint.
>
> One thing I do want which isn't in Bugzilla is a page on kernel
> compilation and use of kernel modules.  Don't know if you fancy taking
> that on (it should give an introduction, basic instructions for
> recompiling the kernel).  The idea is that elsewhere in the book we'll
> just start saying: "You require CONFIG_BLAH in your kernel to make use
> of this" and refer them to that page.

Ooooh, that sounds good.  I like a challenge.  I'll take that one on.  It
will take me some time probably as I do this and LFS in my off time during
lunch and at home after work.  I have recompiled the kernel a bunch of
times, so I think I can handle this.  Go ahead and stick it in Bugzilla and
assign to me.  Let me know what you want first, how much detail, etc so I
can get started.  I don't know your timeline for v1.0, so let me know what
is most important to you and i'll get it to you by cut off time.  Depending
on what you plan for v1.0, I may be able to get the whole thing done in
time.

James Robertson | jameswrobertson at earthlink.net
Reg. LFS User:   #6981    http://www.linuxfromscatch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org