cvs commit: BLFS/BOOK/packages/g GLib2-config.xml GLib2-desc.xml GLib2-inst.xml GLib2-intro.xml GLib2.xml

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jun 29 16:14:08 PDT 2002

On Thu, 27, Jun, 2002 at 09:29:28PM -0500, Larry Lawrence spoke thus..
> Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee wrote:
>
> > Yo,
> >
> > On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 01:21:06PM -0700, larry at linuxfromscratch.org
> > wrote:
> >>   Added:       BOOK/chapter04 GLib2.xml
> >>                BOOK/packages/g GLib2-config.xml GLib2-desc.xml
> >>                         GLib2-inst.xml GLib2-intro.xml GLib2.xml
> >
> > Uh, just out of curiosity, is capitalizing of the filenames such a good
> > idea?  I know that can at least cause some problems under certain OS's..
> >
> > I don't really see a *need* todo this in the filename, right?  As the
> > capitization os package names are more for presentation then anything
> > else, no?
> >
> Interesting question.  The filenames are created from the template script
> which uses the Package name as input, so the scripts has to be modified to
> prevent this.

OK.  I've done this and checked the new version into CVS.  It's a quick
hack and it seems to work here.  If it doesn't work send me a private
email and I'll correct it!

> We can see what Mark wants to do.

Thanks to Jesse for bringing this to my attention by forwarding the
email to me privately so I saw it :-)

Can we go with no capital letters in filenames please - it means that
the book is buildable on any system equipped with openjade or other XML
tools which may not deal well with capitals.

If it's too much work to change it back now, leave it and I'll do it
when I come back.

My DSL connection is being activated on Wednesday so see you then!

Mark

markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org