XFree86

adam bozanich adambozanich at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 29 20:58:00 PDT 2002

hi all,

I am trying to get x11 to work, and am having some problems.  Everything
compiles just fine, but when i try to do the test it says "screen not
found"

If this is too much info, tell me, but here's the end bit of
/var/log/XFree86.log:

(--) I810(0): Chipset: "i810-dc100"
(--) I810(0): Linear framebuffer at 0x44000000
(--) I810(0): IO registers at addr 0x40200000
(EE) GARTInit: Unable to open /dev/agpgart (No such file or directory)
(EE) I810(0): AGP GART support is not available.  Make sure your kernel has
        agpgart support or that the agpgart kernel module is loaded.
(II) UnloadModule: "i810"
(II) UnloadModule: "ddc"
(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libddc.a
(II) UnloadModule: "int10"
(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/linux/libint10.a
(II) UnloadModule: "vbe"
(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libvbe.a
(II) UnloadModule: "vgahw"
(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libvgahw.a
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

I am pretty shure that the agp stuff is because i compiled unnecessary
processor stuff into x11, will that mess things up?

I am considering using the config file from RedHat, but i don'w know exactly
which one to use.  I have used Xconfigurator with redhat to get x to work
on rh. Should I (can I) install that on lfs?

If nothing ells, how can i go about fixing the configuration file i.e. what
logs (or any type of file/program) would tell me the info i need?
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org