cvs commit: BLFS/BOOK/introduction/welcome changelog.xml

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jul 14 14:40:52 PDT 2002

On Sun, 14, Jul, 2002 at 01:25:10PM -0700, Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee spoke thus..
> Yo,
>
> On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 03:21:52PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> > I think it was to accomodate those who don't have a browser on their
> > system yet.  I don't know if its "official" policy, but at least it was
> > my understanding that ftp was preferred.
>
> List both then.  Mark wanted todo that anyways, no?

Actually I do want both where possible.

I've therefore changed the templates:

There are now two entities created:
template-download-http; and template-download-ftp;

Both are referenced in template-intro.xml and both are ulink's by
default.

We should move exisiting packages to this setup as we go along but all
new packages should have both http and ftp locations (unless there is a
genuine case where only one is supplied).

I'm about to commit instructinos for tcsh which will give an example as
to how this works.

CC's to blfs-dev for info.

Mark

markh at linuxfromscratch.org