Ghostscript, a2ps, enscript, gsview, psutils, xpdf, Acrobat Reader

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Dec 31 13:29:58 PST 2002

Gentlemen, please!

All contributions to *LFS projects are much appreciated, not only by the
editors but those who use the books.

I've applied most of the patch (except for the Acrobat reader bit - we
allow binary-only only where there is no alternative; in this case xpdf
and gv are alternatives).

As for who should have written the gs bit.  Yes, bugzilla should have
been checked but mistakes happen.  I've applied it for now - Matt, if
you want to add / replace anything then you can diff your version
against CVS and submit that patch.  It would be nice if we could get a
version with the strong points of both submissions in - feel free to use
blfs-dev as a co-ordinating point; that's what it's there for.

Also, at least the book has something for these things now.  We can
improve on anything in the book - and willingly accept patches to
do so.  At least now there is a basis for discussion.

Thanks,

Mark

PS - Alex, One thing - You describe a couple of packages as "GNU"
packages but I'm not entirely sure they are - at least, I couldn't find
them on the GNU Projects page.  Should we change that to typical
"autoconf using" packages or something similar?

"We have three realistic alternatives: (1) Sit here and get blown up, (2)
 Stand here and get blown up, (3) Jump up and down, shout at me for not being
 able to think of anything, then get blown up."
     Holly, Red Dwarf Series III - Bodyswap
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org