Updates mplayer/transcode; Future plans for my work on BLFS

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Dec 31 12:38:02 PST 2002

On Sat, 14, Dec, 2002 at 08:58:18AM -0600, Larry Lawrence spoke thus..
> >  - Is an "emulator" section (dosemu, wine, plex86, bochs) wanted and if
> >    yes, where to put it?
>
> Not a lot of request for these, but I think they will be included in
> later editions.

Definately post-1.0 material in my opinion.

> >  - Shouldn't there be something on advanced kernel configuration in BLFS?
>
> Kernel configuration is generally discussed on as needed and as brief as
> possible.

I think Alex does have a sort of point in this.  I think we'd be better
off with a single section discussing kernel compiling and anywhere else
just say: "You need to have a kernel with CONFIG_BLAH" enabled to use
this.  What do other people think?

(CC'd to blfs-dev; follow-up to blfs-dev only please)

Mark

"I once absent-mindedly ordered Three Mile Island dressing in a restaurant
 and, with great presence of mind, they brought Thousand Island Dressing and
 a bottle of chili sauce."
     Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org