A few points and questions

jbauman at adsl-63-193-249-142.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net jbauman at adsl-63-193-249-142.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net
Sat Sep 29 22:56:09 PDT 2001

On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 01:50:07PM -0600, Dave Anselmi wrote:
> Mark Hymers wrote:
>
> > I'm not incredibally keen on specific artificial deadlines.  Look at LFS-3.0 -
> > we released it WHEN it was ready.  I agree that we need to release 1.0
> > ASAP thought but I *don't* want it to be not worth releasing.  I'm not
> > sure about releasing 1.0 with just X, KDE and Gnome.  I'd rather wait
> > another 2 months and get a really good book out there.  Other people may
> > (and probably will) disagree though.
>
> Well, the deadline is 'when it's ready'.  I agree, no need to set a date just to be
> having a date.  But the content of 1.0 should be well defined (to prioritize what's
> worked on, and to know when 1.0 is done).  The content list, or goals, should also
> be published, shouldn't it?
>
> Just a humble suggestion, perhaps I'm too big on planning.

Just to throw my two cents ( or pence for those in GB ) in, I think this
is a very reasonable suggestion. I've often wondered what our standards
are for including packages. Maybe we could have another look at the
outline and come to some agreement on what should and should not be in
there for version 1.0?

--
Jeff Bauman
jbauman at adsl-63-193-249-142.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net

"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it."
	-- Andre Gide
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org