A few points and questions

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Sat Sep 29 12:50:07 PDT 2001

Mark Hymers wrote:

> I'm not incredibally keen on specific artificial deadlines.  Look at LFS-3.0 -
> we released it WHEN it was ready.  I agree that we need to release 1.0
> ASAP thought but I *don't* want it to be not worth releasing.  I'm not
> sure about releasing 1.0 with just X, KDE and Gnome.  I'd rather wait
> another 2 months and get a really good book out there.  Other people may
> (and probably will) disagree though.

Well, the deadline is 'when it's ready'.  I agree, no need to set a date just to be
having a date.  But the content of 1.0 should be well defined (to prioritize what's
worked on, and to know when 1.0 is done).  The content list, or goals, should also
be published, shouldn't it?

Just a humble suggestion, perhaps I'm too big on planning.

Dave

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org