Lots of Bugzilla Traffic / QA Stuff

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Sep 18 04:58:58 PDT 2001

On Mon, 17, Sep, 2001 at 08:11:36PM -0700, jbauman at adsl-63-193-249-142.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net wrote:
> Well, it's been nearly 24 hours since my last post to this list, and the
> response has been overwhelming.
/me grovels and apologises :-)

In my defence, I've been registering for the new year at university and
so haven't been doing my email as religiously as I should.

> Either Listar has gone on holiday or QA
> on this stuff is perceived to be about as much fun as having exploratory
> surgery.
Heh - funny you should use that analogy; I'm a medical student...

> No matter. If necessary, I'll do them all myself -- it will
> just take a lot longer that way.
I'll definately help - obviously I can't do my own but I can do yours if
you want.  I'll pick up a couple as soon as I have a bit of spare time.

> In the absence of any objections, I'm going to get cracking on this as
> I've previously proposed. If anyone would like to join me, that would be
> great. If there are objections, speak up will ya?
Of course I'll be helping.

> One other thing I forgot to mention that we should be checking, and that
> is FHS compliance. I've read the spec at least half a dozen times now,
You're not the only one - I have a printed copy next to my monitor.

> probably, with different questions about packages, and it's often not as
> clear cut as one would hope, so I expect we'll do this to the best of
> our abilities, and refine as time goes on if necessary.
I agree 100% with this.  BTW, Jeff, I cleaned up the openssl install
procedure so it's simpler, FHS compliant and doesn't overwrite the man
pages.  I'll let you have a look at it again and tell me what you think.

Can I make an appeal.  Can ANYBODY who can help PLEASE speak up - either
with QA stuff or writing the instructions in the first place... Jeff and
I aren't supermen you know ;-)

Mark

--
Mark Hymers					 BLFS Project Leader