Lots of Bugzilla Traffic / QA Stuff

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Sep 16 09:09:55 PDT 2001

Hi all,

As you've probably noticed, there's been quite a bit of traffic from
bugzilla today.. That's my fault.

I've been through the blfs-bugzilla and EVERYTHING (apart from one test
bug) which was CLOSED | FIXED is now just RESOLVED.  This is so that we
can start QA work properly (I got told off by Jeff the other day 'cos I
forgot about it myself!).

What I envisage happening is (hopefully) we'll get a list of people
willing to do QA tests.  I'll do some.  The first rule is that obviously
you should NEVER QA your own stuff, so for example, I can't do the lynx
or links stuff as I did those.

Secondly, the person who QAs the bug should report that they've done it
to the list.  Whoever ends up in charge of QA (I'll do it for the moment
but I'm kinda hoping Jeff will volunteer??) will then CLOSE the bug with
a note of who did the QA put into bugzilla.

I hope this all sounds reasonable.  Can all volunteers please send
messages to the list with which packages you are intending on doing.
That way we can avoid duplication of effort.

Let's see if this works.

/me hides under the table ;-)

Mark

--