Proof reading team

jbauman at adsl-63-193-249-142.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net jbauman at adsl-63-193-249-142.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net
Wed Sep 5 21:25:07 PDT 2001

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 04:48:00PM +0100, Mark Hymers wrote:
> What I'd like is for one person to keep a list of proof readers and
> then, once I've added the first draft of instructions to CVS, for them
> to look at them and the proof-reading leader-type-person to sign them
> off once they have been checked.

Mark,
I would like to have the checkoff process more an integral part of what
we're doing. I also want to make the information public, so that
everyone can see what's been checked off and what still needs to be
done. How about if we use Bugzilla the way it was designed, meaning that
once you have applied new changes to CVS, you change the state of the
bug to "resolved." Then, as items are proof read, I will change the
state to "verified." This way we have a record within the tools we're
already using of what has been and still needs to be done.

I think that makes for a cleaner and clearer process. It will also keep
me from having to do the keeping track in a more manual, and possibly
less accurate way. What do you think?

--
Jeff Bauman
jbauman at adsl-63-193-249-142.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net