help wanted for translating a hint into XML

jbauman at adsl-63-193-249-142.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net jbauman at adsl-63-193-249-142.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net
Sun Sep 2 21:38:38 PDT 2001

Henning,

On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 11:33:04PM +0200, Henning Rohde wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> having just releast the version 2.0 of the firewalling-hint I'm finally thinking
> about starting with its translation into XML for BLFS.
>
> As I'm completely ignorant of both html and xml, I'd really appreciate if
> someone could guide me how to start with the templates.
>
> BTW: wouldn't it be usefull to have a detailed description for writing for the
> BLFS-Book like we have it already for the hints (WRITING_HINTS).

It's not as hard as it may first appear. I'll be glad to coach you through it.
First step is to install CVS on your machine. Second is to check out the BLFS
source. I have the command around here... on my other machine. I'll send it
to you, and we can take this off list.

But you're right, it would be best to have some good documentation on this.

--
Jeff Bauman
jbauman at adsl-63-193-249-142.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net

"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it."
	-- Andre Gide