WARNING - BLFS CVS CHANGES!

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 20 14:17:31 PDT 2001

Hi all,

Just to let you know that I've been making some organisational changes
to the BLFS CVS repository.

Because of the way CVS works (or doesn't) when deleting and moving
directories around, I basically wiped the CVS rep and reuploaded
everything.. sorry that had to happen.  The XML structure is however
much more sensible now (I wonder which lunatic did the original
layout... /me hides).

The upshot is that doing the usual cvs update may not work.

You are likely to have to delete your local tree and do a cvs checkout
again.

Again, sorry for the inconvinience but you shouldn't notice any changes
in the output of the book and this change will make the editor's lives
much easier...

BTW There will be further CVS changes coming soon (possibly tonight
depending on a couple of things) which will change the output format of
the book.  We will be moving to a similar thing to LFS where the output
doesn't all go in one directory but in multiple ones.  I'll write more
about this later.

Sorry for the lack of discussion on this but it's mainly an internal XML
issue which shouldn't affect most of you.

Any comments/queries/complaints/flames to me or the ml please.

Mark

--
Mark Hymers					 BLFS Editor
markh at linuxfromscratch.org