BLFS Path issues

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 28 05:32:25 PDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Hymers" <markh at linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2001 12:25 PM
Subject: BLFS Path issues

> Hi all,
>
> Following discussions on irc, the path issue has been thought about
> again.  I've updated the outline document at
> http://beyond.linuxfromscratch.org/OUTLINE
> This is NOT the final version - PLEASE COMMENT!
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark
> --
> Mark Hymers BLFS Project Leader
> markh at linuxfromscratch.org

What's the rationale for putting some packages in /usr and others in
/usr/local? Did I miss it or isn't there any yet?
And a note on mplayer and avifile: they both require win32-codecs for
watching avi(divx) and the likes. But they use different packages. I've set
up mplayer's in /usr/lib/win32 and avifile's in /usr/local/lib/win32.
I've got most of the stuff from the multimedia section (libraries, audio,
video) installed, except for ogg-vorbis. I got a compilation error and
couldn't fix it.
If you still need a maintainer for audio & video (haven't seen any messages
volunteering yet), I hereby offer my services, or at least some help, untill
someone more qualified comes allong :)