.vimrc and inputrc ideas

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Fri Jul 27 14:05:40 PDT 2001

hia,

	I don't know if this is a wanted thing, but, I've put up a .vimrc and
inputrc @ http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~flake/

Feature highlights of the .vimrc:

enables syntax highlighting and smart indenting

enables a white status bar near the bottom with the buffer number in red
left aligned, the current buffer filename in light green in the center, and
in blue all the way to the right, the ascii dec and hex number of the char
under the cursor.

fully enables use of the arrow keys and the insert, delete, home, end, pgup,
and pgdn keys for editing.

There's also some setting to help with tabs and other formatting type
things.

What do U guys think?

~jason