Package build times?

Mike B thaz at if.rmci.net
Wed Jul 25 07:08:08 PDT 2001

I have looked at the list, as far as mysql goes, it needs to go in before apache, so that php support can be compiled in.  I have a script I use on my servers to automate the download and install mysql, mod_ssl, mod_perl, and apache I'll send your way when I get home.  It can be used/modified/whatever for ideas on configure steps etc.
Ogg Vorbis shouldn't replace mp3, but be installed along side it, too many users will have massive mp3 file libraries(mine numbers about 1700 files taken from my home cd's), unless there is a lossless mp3->ogg converter.

We should include a graphics section with gimp(as mentioned), as well as ImageMagik, maybe an image management program...

Just a few thoughts.

* Loftus Law: Some people manage by the book, even though they do not know who wrote the book or even which book it is.