Package build times?

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 25 05:08:33 PDT 2001

On Wed, 25, Jul, 2001 at 05:44:30AM -0600, Mike Bedwell wrote:
> If the build times are something you want to keep, I'll build the packages
> and time them, I'm starting a new LFS anyway, and use most of the packages we
> have on the buglist so far.

The only problem is - when a new package version comes out, that'd have
to be compiled on the same system...  For something with as much diverse
software in as I hope BLFS will have, I'm not convinced of the value of
build times.

Let's see what other reaction there is.  The offer is definately
appreciated though.

(PS - have you looked at the full list of packages we're planning to use
at http://beyond.linuxfromscratch.org/OUTLINE ?)

Mark

--
Mark Hymers					 BLFS Project Leader